Tuesday, November 3, 2009

JFK Airport

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board SwissAir and everything is so unreal.  The past 24 hours have been great! I've met the 24 other people that I will be training with for the next 9 weeks and they all are so cool, I can already tell :) Everyone is going to be teaching, I didn't realize that education is the only program that Kenya requests from the Peace Corps. As far as I know I'm the only one who is going to be attempting the secondary science education program that is new. I'm really nervous and started questioning this morning when I was brushing my teeth whether I will be able to do it. Alot of people in the def ed group know American Sign Language really well so it has been intimidating seeing them sign but we all will get to learn the Kenyan Sign together.
After the meetings yesterday we all went out and bombarded Chili's with our group of 25 and had our last good American meal for a while.  It was a good time :) We've started the whole bonding process and I know that over the next few weeks we all will become so close.
This will be the last communication that I have for awhile but I will update as soon as I am able to. Thank you for the wonderful good byes and well wishes from everyone. I will miss you all!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kiki...you will do wonderfully!! You have more potential than I do in my little finger. :) I love you bunches and bunches....and I miss you already... Can't wait til Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-fry, You will be fine! I have faith in you and know that you will do well!! We love you and miss you, but I am sooo excited for you! Good luck, and please keep in touch!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i'm so excited for you K-Frizzle!!! You are so so talented and your only downfall is that you doubt yourself! You are a wonderful mentor and friend and heck, if you can get Alysia to pass math and graduate then this will be a walk in the park!!! You deserve to have the experience of a lifetime and I know you will make friends so easily. Embrace it and enjoy this opportunity... quit questioning your ability!! You are WONDERFUL!! I love you so so much and I'm so excited to read your next blog. Much much love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo...I realized that I posted something backwards. You have more potential just in YOUR pinkie finger than I do all over...heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...Natalee, I thought that was on purpose ; ). K-Fry, love you so much. And if you continue to have doubts, just look back and read the wonderful things that the people who know and love you the most wrote about you. We all know your potential, and you already have done great things, without even realizing it. Just imagine how influential you will be in a situation designed to impact peoples' lives. We are all soooo proud of you!

    Make friends, learn lots, and stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete